One of the new girls.
Friday, July 16, 2010
Signs of stress in Comic-Con Sellers
- Listening to the same cd over and over and feeling panicked when someone changes the music.
- That rash on your arm and back that persists despite changing soap, lotion, detergent, and state.
- Stomach upset following any food that is not sugar or carb based (only donuts don't cause queasyness).
- Impending sense of doom.
- Loss of perspective. (Note to self: Odds are good that the world won't end if you don't print that last piece of art).
- Finding face in forced grin while saying "Hi, How ya doin'? Can I help you with anything?" under your breath.
- List making, especially any list that includes "sleep".
- The comic-con eye twitch. (It arrived today. Precisely at 2pm.)
- The desire to drink alcohol at 8am.
- Not drinking because you just don't have time.
- Blogging while the print queue is full.
- Idly googling "colin firth+coffee" (no, seriously, do it...) and "pretty british men" instead of working.
- Organizing iPod...again.
We leave on Wednesday. Everything was under control...until about a week ago. My mantra is now "it will get done because it HAS to get done." Well, it's that and "Damn, I need a gin and tonic."
There are at least 4, possibly 6 new prints on the table, two new sets of cards and a "sketchbook." It's worth it just to see the smiles on their faces when they look under the tree on Christmas morning...no...wait...that's not it...