This is a muffinless week. We spent the weekend cleaning out our spare room, sorting the junk and putting the non-junk or slightly less junky stuff into storage. There was much hauling, lifting, packing and sneezing done (apparently, we also haven’t dusted in the spare room in quite a while). By the end of the last night, I could barely drag myself to bed, much less make any sort of muffins, vegan or otherwise. It’s cereal this week. And then maybe back to the muffins next week.
Here is a lengthy questionnaire that I was emailed. My answers are not that interesting but I’m tired.
1. First name:
You can call me Ren.
2. Were you named after anyone?
No, but I was ALMOST named Barbara dean, after my aunt and grandfather. And it is my understanding that my grandmother was pulling hard for Theodora, after my father. I think I got lucky.
3. Do you wish on stars?
Sometimes, if I see a shooting star.
4. When did you last cry?
What time is it now? Actually, I don’t remember the very last time I cried but we did watch Finding Neverland a few weeks ago and it left me a sobbing mess. I mean, you know when Kate Winslet is in a movie that’s she’s pretty much DOOMED! But this one just got me at the right time. And I don’t usually cry over movies either. Damn, I’m getting soft in my old age!
5. Do you like your handwriting?
Sure, I guess. It’s mine. I don’t know how to do it any other way. But I did get in trouble in grade school for mixing the printing with the cursive. I got points taken off for every letter of printing I let slip in. That’s just mean.
6. What is your favorite lunch meat?
Um…You know, I wish I had some sort of witty quip for this one but…yeah. I’m not a big lunch meat eater.
7. What is your birthday?
November 9 (send presents!).
8. What is your most embarrassing CD?
Personally, I am not embarrassed by any of my cd’s, but someone else might be embarrassed by the Spice Girls, or the Sebastian Bach cd (it’s not very good though). Not embarrassed by Supertramp or the soundtrack to Josie and the Pussycats either (dude, that one is awesome, you should listen to it).
9. Would YOU be friends with yourself?
I’m not sure. I’d like to say yes but then part of me says “You’re kidding, right? You’d never want to hang out with yourself!”
10. Have you ever told a secret you swore not to tell?
Probably but I ain’t sayin’ yes and I ain’t sayin’ no.
11. Do looks matter?
Sadly, yes. But I do think that beauty is certainly in the eye of the beholder. So as long as someone who likes your looks is beholding you…well then you are all set!
12. How do you release anger?
13. Where is your second home?
14. Do you trust others too easily?
I don’t know that I actually “trust” but I am always willing to give the benefit of the doubt.
15. What was your favorite toy as a child?
I liked my bike a lot.
16. What class in high school do you think was totally useless?
Trig/Pre-Cal. It was a foolish idea to even take that class. I guess it’s useful for some people but I knew that I would never have a job in a field that would make it necessary and yet I took it on the advice of some stupid guidance councilor because it “would look good on a college application.” Let me just tell you that an F never looks good on a college application.
17. Do you have a journal?
I gots this bloggy thing. That’s about it.
18. Favorite Movies?
Persuasion, Empire Records(Hi Jodi!), Shaun of the Dead, Mallrats, Breakfast at Tiffany’s…um…there’s a lot more but I can’t think of any right now.
19. What are your (acceptable) nicknames:
Well, some people call me Ren.
20. Would you bungee jump?
Oh hey, no freakin’ way. Terrified of falling, you know.
21. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off?
I rarely wear shoes with laces, but when I do, no, despite all those years of working in a shoe store and telling people they will ruin their shoes if they don’t.
22. Do you think that you are strong?
23. What is your favorite ice cream flavor?
I think it’s more appropriate to ask which flavors I don’t like...and I can’t think of any except bubblegum. But I did have some Soy Delcious Cherry Nirvana soy cream stuff the other day and I always like it but man it was good this time!
24. What size of shoe do you wear?
7.5 or 8. Depends on the shoe.
25. What are your favorite colors?
Red, orange, black, brown.
26. What is your least favorite thing about yourself?
I like me pretty well. I wish I were braver though.
27. Who do you miss most?
28. Do you want everyone you send this to send it back?
Ah, I am lazy. I post instead of sending. So if you do this, please tell me. But I don’t mind if you don’t.
29. What color pants are you wearing?
30. What are you listening to right now? “CAVALLERIA RUSTICANA-missing duet & TURANDOT- Tucker/Ross- Phila. 1968” (Premiere Opera Podcast from 4/16).
31. What was the last thing you ate?
An almond Hershey’s kiss. Almonds are good for you!
32. What is the weather like right now?
Well from the skylight above me it looks lovely and sunny. Inside it’s relatively comfortable for once although my hands are a little cold.
33. Last person you talked to on the phone? James, he was letting me know that my car repairs were completed and that I was now $424 deeper in debt.
34. Do you like the person who sent this to you?
I do indeed! Although I got it from two different people and I am not sure who sent it first but I like them both so there!
35. Favorite Drink?
36. Eye Color?
Brown with black spots.
37. Do you wear contacts?
No but I do wear glasses for reading and working.
38. Favorite Day of the Year?
All of them I guess.
39. Scary Movies or Happy Endings?
Doesn’t really matter if the story is well written.
40. Summer or winter?
Summer. Always Summer.
41. Hugs or kisses?
Depends on who is offering.
42. What is Your Favorite Dessert?
I have a firm belief that dessert isn’t dessert unless it has some sort of chocolate in it. That said, I’d have to say that my favorite dessert is…Sticky Toffee Pudding…which has no chocolate in it…what can I say? I am an enigma.
(There were two non-applicable questions here, I deleted them)
45. Where would you want to go on your Next Vacation?
I’d like to go see this new Beatrix Potter Attraction thing…
46. What books are you reading?
Oh, I am kind of embarrassed to admit this but I am STILL reading The Scar. I am almost done but just haven’t been reading very much lately (and I did read like three other books while I have been reading this one). But I did particulary like this line from The Scar "butterflies with unholy appetites"...heh.
47. What's on your mouse pad?
One of Raphael’s angels.
48. What did you Watch Last Night on TV?
I watched The Simpson’s before doing a little more work and then I finally collapsed on the couch and watched…Footballer’s Wives which was a trashy good time!
49. Where was the farthest you have been from home?
I guess to the UK.