Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Annoyed.

What to do? All music appears to be annoying me at the moment. I read about the Pipettes and I know I have heard them before but then when I sought them out and listened…annoying. Same with Starsailor. So I went back to some Shins…annoying. Ted Leo…annoying. Feist…extremely annoying. Just seeing the name Joanna Newsome annoyed me…Nothing seems to be doing the trick today. At the moment I have retreated to the relative safety of an hour long Thievery Corporation mix and it’s…kind of annoying. So clearly, this is me, not the music that is the problem and I am willing to accept that but I could use some suggestions. Anyone? Anyone? Something less annoying when one is annoyed beyond all reason?

HURRY…I’ve already given up on Thievery Corp. and been annoyed by Mazzy Starr since I started typing this!

6 comments:

Brenda Griffith said...

I spent the entire day, I kid you not, *the entire day* listening to the cd you burned for me. I went from Death Cab for Cutie to Gary Jules and back again. Oh joy, Gary Jules (Mad World) just came on again. I think I'll go open a vein in the bath now (just kidding... I think.)

Jodi said...

Again, haven't heard of most of those bands. Except for The Shins. Love, love, love The Shins. I have 4 concerts this week, but no one who is new, trendy, or up and coming. I am officially OLD.

Anonymous said...

When all else fails, try Punk Rock. It's almost always more annoying than you could ever be and may make you appreciate other stuff.

Anonymous said...

sorry...didn't mean to say that you are annoying...
um, i just meant Punk Rock sounds more annoying than you would feel annoyed...or that it would make you anti-annoyed, or...
oh forget it. sorry.

Anonymous said...

beethoven's 9th, perhaps?

or stan getz playing desafinado

Joanne said...

The Pogues or Dropkick Murphys? I like either one when I'm in a cranky annoyed mood. (how can you not love rock with a bagpipe? Or maybe it isn't rock. I don't know I'm not good at music identification.) Or maybe you don't like that kind of music. I didn't recognize most of what you just listed. :)