Seven? There’s a lot more random than that about me but ok, seven it is:
- I have a cell phone charm of a little bear drinking a bottle of green tea. Why, you ask? Because my husband bought it for me. Why, you ask? Because the bottle of green tea is the same brand as his favorite green tea.
- I dislike words that don’t make sense to me. Like when people use “arguably” to suggest that something is the best. Well, that’s not really how it works, I think what you mean that it can be argued that this particular thing is the best, but it doesn’t mean that it is. It’s not so much that the word is misused, but rather that it is overused I think. And I really dislike “inflammable”. That’s not a misuse issue, just a really stupid word issue. I have to agree with Dr. Nick on this one, “Inflammable means flammable? What a country! “ I dislike these kinds of words to the point that they make me angry when I read them. I am (obviously) not particularly fussy about grammar or spelling but stupid words and the misuse of words can make me stop reading a blog, a book, a website, whatever, and NEVER, EVER GO BACK. I try to be very careful with this because I know it will bite me in the butt eventually and I will misuse a word and mangle the language terribly, but I will point out that I have Merriam-Webster on speed dial and I double check what I THINK is the correct usage. OK, not speed-dial, I have a bookmark…and a dictionary…or two.
- I love tattoo art but I am terrified to get a tattoo. Don’t like needles, don’t like pain, even though I have a very high tolerance for pain, I am just scared pants less of the very idea of getting at tattoo. I have told myself that I will do it for my 40th birthday, so I have a little bit of time to psych myself up…probably won’t happen.
- I am made oddly happy when I hear that a celebrity or a person of note is nice. I know that it is certainly not a requirement for an actor or a musician or a politician be a nice person, but it makes me feel a little better about the world when I hear that a celebrity of some sort was polite or helpful to another person. I guess I just want everyone to be nice and polite and kind and generous and all that, but something inside of me wants to know that some people don’t turn into jerks just because people recognize them.
- I woke up with a headache this morning.
- I once “owned” a hamster named Bono Jones.
- My childhood dog was named Adolph. I did not name him.
Clearly I put number six in there to curry favor of the hamster-loving readers out there so technically it isn't “random” but hey, I am lazy that way.
Oh dear…tagging…I don’t know 7 people to tag! And I am certainly not going to comment on their blogs insisting that they read mine that would be presumptuous of me! (It’s not of you Jodi, you know I read yours so don’t be insulted!). Here, I will just suggest that if Brenda, Mama Min, Joanne, Kari, Eric…um….how many is that? Two more…OH! Felicia and…ok, look there’s only a few people who read this anyway, so just grab it and run with it.
Heh, I am listening to music and my favorite line from "Pablo Picasso" just played:
"Well, the girls would turn the color of an avocado when he would drive down their street in his El Dorado."
Just remember, "Pablo Picasso never got called an asshole."