Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Long weekend

Boy, I haven’t blogged in a while. Now, see, if you worked where I work someone would pop in and say “Man, I blogged this morning!” and make a bathroom reference. We are classy like that around here.

I’ve been meaning to but I don’t really have anything to say. But then I think of something to write about and it’s genius! I swear. But then I fall asleep and totally forget about it by morning. But it was total genius. Really.

I was lucky to have a long vacation weekend but I really didn’t do much. Which is not at all true. I did do a lot but none of it seemed like much of anything. Dinner and a few too many drinks on Friday…hey, do you think it’s bad when I say “this drink is pretty mild” and offer it to someone else and they nearly spit it out and say “IT’S NOTHING BUT GIN!”? I mean, does that reflect poorly on me? Saturday I went to a little barbeque with work friends. That was nice but it was so bloody hot out that we stayed inside the whole time. Sunday…I don’t think I did anything on Sunday…Oh, I baked some peanut butter cupcakes to take to Jodi-odi-odi’s on Monday, when we watched Superman, a movie I remember liking as a kid but was kind of bored by as an adult Although I do admit that Christopher Reeve was well chosen for the part and very, very pretty. We didn’t stay for Superman II because I was pretty tired since we had spent the afternoon shopping at the outlets. I bought some flip-flops. I learned my lesson about cheap flip-flops and bought the pricey two for ten dollars kind this time. Finally Tuesday was a day of pure panic as I realized that I have a new, temporary roommate coming at the end of the week and my house is a mess. Eh. It is cleaner. I’m not saying it’s clean but it is cleaner.

And that was it. Not genius. But a long weekend nonetheless.

1 comment:

Jodi said...

I tried commenting before, but Blogger has been misbehaving today.

Yeah, don't harass me about my drinking...looks like you did so much more than me over the weekend!

Oh, and where are these outlets you frequent? I wanna go sometime!