Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Oh so many things.

Let’s see…this weekend I managed to watch TWO movies. The first was The Princess and the Warrior, directed & written by Tom Twyker, who also wrote and directed one of my favorite movies, Run Lola Run. I really liked it. I’d say I enjoyed it but it’s a hard movie to enjoy. Still, it was beautifully made and beautifully acted. It is, however, kind of the polar opposite to Lola. Very slow moving and tragic. But if you are into slow and sad and German…then it might be right up your alley (heh, I said “up your alley”).

I also watched Madagascar, which was, much to my surprise, not terrible. I liked it well enough and to be honest, I didn’t expect to like it at all. But there is was, not offensive and some parts were even funny. I have no real love for Ali G but Sacha Baron Cohen was very entertaining as the lemur king and the character design for the little lemur, Mort cracked me up every time he came on screen. So over all…it’s fine. Entertaining even.

On Monday night I realized a dream and finally saw Eddie Izzard. Do I love me some Eddie? Yes, yes I do. Sadly, he was not in drag. No one makes high heels look as sexy as Eddie but he did look darn cute with his scruffy little beard and all. And he was brilliantly funny. It was a “work in progress” show so there were some uneven bits and some very extended pauses but he can tell a Jesus joke like nobody else. And bees, he tells great bee stories. Bees…

Anyway…um…let’s see. There are no vegan scones this week, it’s back to the couscous, which is nice in hot weather. And last week there were some decidedly unsatisfying lemon walnut scones so…eh. I guess I have burned out on those. Perhaps some more chocolate espresso muffins are in order.

Oooh, over at the Felt Club blog they have posted the recipe for the excellent tofu brownie that I had at the last Felt Club and I am very excited to try it out. YAY TOFU! No, seriously, it’s some good stuff.

Finally, some entertainment.

2 comments:

Jodi said...

Eddie does scruffy just fine! His "work in progress" is a lot more polished than some of the jackasses' finished shows are! Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

Bird On A Line said...

I liked The Princess and the Warrior too.