Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Career Day!

Things I Have Been for Pay:
  • A clown
  • A pizza maker/water ice scooper/soda puller
  • A popcorn cart girl
  • A shoe salesperson
  • A textbook illustrator
  • A keyworder of Victorian illustrations and modern photography
  • A babysitter
  • A copyeditor
  • A facepainter
  • A designer
  • A comic book letterer
  • A box office person in a theatre
  • A literary magazine editor
  • A literary magazine assistant editor
  • A proofreader
  • A resident assistant
  • An illustrator of art for courtrooms (2 days)
  • A digital archivist
  • A counter girl in a bakery (1 day)
Things I Have Considered Being But Haven’t Been for Pay or Otherwise:
  • A librarian
  • A teacher
  • A college professor
  • A farm vet
  • An animator
  • A minister
  • A costume designer
  • A make-up artist
  • A paralegal
  • A pastry chef
  • A reader of books on tape
  • A nursing home supervisor
  • A special education teacher
  • A psychologist
  • A poet (I still want to be the poet laurate of the United States though)
Things I Thought I Could Have Been but was Wrong About:
  • A comic book editor
  • An editor of learning materials catalogs
  • A designer for MODERN HOT TUBS magazine
  • An artist
  • A counter girl in a bakery (I did it for one day and that was enough)
  • Cool


Hunh, that looks worse and/or better than it actually is. Go figure. I bet I'm missing a lot of them too. Jules will remember some things I forgot, I'm sure.

4 comments:

Jodi said...

Wow, you have done a lot of things. I think it's cool.

(I will do my questions soon, I promise!)

Anonymous said...

you forgot the scone cart

also, i know i filled in at the icecream stand and cotton candy stand at the park - i thought you did too

Anonymous said...

hey, have you ever gotten cornered by one of those marketing people in the mall? i felt bad for a woman once and got roped into in. i got paid $5 for drinking champagne.

Anonymous said...

i remembered - at 11:30 friday night - the job you had painting t-shirts. the fun thing about that was, everyone loved your t-shirts and noone liked the ones done by the girl who started the business.