Friday, February 23, 2007

Moody.

I know, I know, it’s not original or anything but I have been in a mood for a few days and I don’t feel like working for it. Besides, everyone else is doing it! (Imagine I actually linked to all the people who did it, because I’m not going to because I already told you…in a mood!):

What curse words do you use most?
Oh I use them all. A lot. A real lot. I much prefer the “eff word” over all others though. My husband likes to say things like “mother pusbucket” which I find far more offensive for some reason. He also says “mother of pearl” as a swear, which is not offensive to me, but quite silly. He says that since I am the only person he knows who actually uses “Rats!” as a swear and says things like “Aw gee whiz!” when they get angry, he can say what he wants. It’s true though, I veer wildly from drunken sailor to 1930’s toddler in my swearing.

What’s interesting to me about swearing is the satisfaction it provides. There is a linguistic theory that says that the most offensive swear words, and the most satisfying to say, are those that end with a “hard” sound, like a “K” or a “T”. The softer swear words all end in softer sounds, like and “N”. I have always liked this theory. I think for the most part it is true. Consider the words that are allowed on television now, like damn or ass. Both end in a softer sounds, a sibilant and a…nasal of some sort, and they are, to me anyway, far less satisfying than yelling the word that starts with f and ends with k…you know…FORK!

Do you own an iPod?
I do own a silver iPod mini. I like it but I rarely use it. I would like to get my car wired so I can use it while driving but for some reason, I haven’t done that yet. I do use it a lot when I cook and when someone else is watching something on tv that I don’t want to have to listen to.

What time is your alarm clock set to?
7:20. Ask me what time I get up.

Would you rather take the picture or be in the picture?
I don’t like having my picture taken. At. All. But two or three years ago I stopped fighting it and let people take it. Now I find it interesting that a certainly SnarkyDork who gave me grief for years about not letting anyone take my picture says that she doesn’t like having hers taken…yeah, I’M LOOKING AT YOU, JODI!

What was the last movie you watched?
I think it was Pirates of the Carribbean 2: The Re-Pirating…or whatever it was called. It was long. I liked it but I could have liked an hour and a half of it much better. Still, I am always happy to see Bill Nighy. Oh, you thought I was going to Johnny Depp, didn’t you? Yeah, so not my type.

(Oop, since I wrote this the other day, I have watched a weird Japanese horror movie. I think it was called Maronette. It was about dolls. It was really, really bad.

What cd is currently in your player?
Oh…um…nothing illegal, that’s for sure. Nothing like some Jarvis Cocker songs and a Thom Yorke solo thing that I may have…no, nothing like that.

That Thom Yorke album though…wow. I like Radiohead just fine. I loved OK Computer but when everyone was raving about Kid A, I didn’t really feel it (but I should listen to it again and make sure, I suppose) but this solo thing. I really didn’t think I would like it and some of it is painfully shrill…but…I so love this album!

Do you prefer regular or chocolate milk?
Oh. I don’t like milk. At all. And I never have. I drank it when I was a kid because that was what I was given but it wasn’t until I was an adult that I realized that I have some dairy issues. Look, I can tolerate just about anything, but dairy, it don’t tolerate me. Especially milk. So no. But I like soy milk and I like regular AND chocolate. And strawberry, and coffee, and spice and…I just like soy milk.

Has anyone told you a secret this week?
I don’t think so…maybe. I ain’t sayin’!

When was the last time you had Starcrack Starbucks?
The Day before yesterday. I had a tall brewed coffee with soymilk and one sugar in the raw. It was ok, it did the trick. I was more awake after drinking it. This morning I made coffee in my French press. I used French Vanilla soy creamer and a little bit of sugar in it. It was too sweet. But I drank it anyway.

Can you whistle?
I can and I do. All the time. Although currently I find I am only whistling that Peter Bjorn and John song “Young Folks” over and over. And it’s making me crazy. You know who is a really good whistler? Donovan’s Mama. She whistles all the time. I used to know when she was coming to visit because I could hear her whistling all the way up the stairs.

What are you looking forward to?
My vacation. Which won’t be for like…seven months. Sigh.

Did you watch cartoons when you were little?
When I was little? Yes. Do I watch them now? Yes. I love cartoons. Very much. Surely you are not surprised by that.

Do you own any band t-shirts?
Last night I slept in a Ramones t-shirt. Other than that…I think I have some that I don’t wear. I once had a favorite Sting shirt that was stolen, along with all the other dirty laundry from my car. And that freaks me out. I had a Bryan Adams bootleg t-shirt that I slept in until it fell apart. I never really LOVED Bryan Adams but I saw him in concert twice and someone gave me that shirt and I loved the shirt. My mom, she looooooves Bryan Adams and yes, I took her to see him. And to see Sting. And she took me to see Adam Ant.

My first band shirts were, and I remember this so clearly and I wish I still had them all, Genesis, Split Endz and the Knack. I liked them because they all had long sleeves.

What will you be doing in an hour?
Probably working. Or pretending to work.

What was the last song you heard?
Hmmm, it was something as I drove in to work…I don’t remember. But I do have “Black Swan” by Thom Yorke running through my head. Right now I am listening to Renata Tebaldi sing the Desdemonda part in Otello.

Last time you cried?
About three days ago.

Desktop or laptop?
Desktop at work, laptop at home.

Desiring any new ink?
Yes, since any ink would be new ink. I have a design and a spot for it but I am CHICKEN. I say I will get a tattoo when I turn 40, but I sincerely doubt that I will.

What’s the weather like?
Overcast, chilly and it has been raining on and off.—Wait that was yesterday. Today is blue skies and chilly.

What were you doing an hour ago?
Working. Probably setting up a script.—Again, that was yesterday, today…oh, wait…same thing. Sigh.

How many hours of sleep do you need to function?
Need? About 6. Want? 9. Get? Usually about 7.

Do you eat breakfast daily?
Yes, usually a muffin (homemade and as healthy as I can make them), sometimes some sort of bar or cereal, dry.

What did you do last night?
Made turkey chili for dinner. Read a book while listening to a tv show, talked to my houseguest. Went to bed early.

Do you use sarcasm?
Use what now?

Do you like mustard?
Mustard is fine in small doses. I sometimes use it instead of mayo in my tuna salad.

Do you sleep on your side/back/stomach?
Yes. Although I have nightmares if I sleep on my back and the cat sits on my back when I sleep on my stomach, so usually on my side.

Do you watch the news?
Not if I can help it.

How did you get one of your scars?
Falling of a skateboard. Oh and the little half moon one on my palm is from a bunch of daisies.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

being mentioned in your blog is as good as anybody's 15 minutes. i feel like a star..... i am so lame

donovan's mama

Anonymous said...

your blog entry *does* have a bit of a "crankypants" tone...
hope you are having a nice day!

Jodi said...

Um...sorry.

Joanne said...

It doesn't hurt as much as one thinks it might. Inking that is. The one I got inbetween my upper shoulder blades only hurt when the needle hit a certain part of my spine and then I had the feeling of tingling racing down my fingers. Otherwise it wasn't bad at all. I'm thinking of doing it again.