Sunday, November 27, 2005

Saturday Night

Had a nice enough Thanksgiving. Ate some turkey, drank some wine, DIDN'T DO THE DISHES (thank you Jon, you totally rock). AND...AND...for the first time in a long time, i got my pecan (pronounced like pee-can) pie. Everyone always wants the pumpkin (Hey Jules, look at all the pretty pumpykins!) and I make it. But this year, the lovely Janey made a pumpkin pie so i made pecan...and it was good. Let's see...what else did we have...all the usual suspects I guess. But the point is that the day was spent with nice people and for that I am thankful but next year, I am serious, it's martinis for dinner. Maybe i can find a way to make a whole alcoholic dinner. Like a turkey colada and a stuffing and tonic...nah. But oh hey, I actually am working on the cupcake dinner so...maybe next year it's CUPCAKES and martinis. We'll have to discuss this.

Oh, hey, I just watched Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason and it was not at all bad. I liked it a heck of a lot more than I liked Charlie and the Chocolate Factory...yeesh, I did not care for that one at all. But I will say that Bridget Jones provided a few chuckles, actually more than a few. It was worth my time just to see a realistic portrayal of a girl running in an evening dress, girdle and heels. And another realistic portrayal of boys fighting (yeah, you THINK you look tough but you are so very, very wrong). And it was better than the book. I don't often say that but in this case, I think it's pretty true.

OK, Oprah is telling me what her favorite things are (damn she has expensive tastes!) and there appears to be a glass a wine with my name on it. Jodi-odi-odi, stay warm, the pups are doing well and oh, yeah...I GOT A NEW CAMERA!

My long holiday is almost over, I gotta go milk it for all it's worth.

1 comment:

Jodi said...

Congrats on the new camera. I want to see photos!!! I've been convinced that I don't need a new camera, but can settle for this zoom lens attachment thingy. Okay, I'll deal.

Pumpkin pie is usually my favorite thing at Thanksgiving. In fact, I usually get some at Disneyland. The pie we had was awful and I believe our turkey may have been a tad undercooked. No one has gotten sick though, so it must have been just done enought. Yikes.

I'm glad you had a nice time though. You deserve it!