Wednesday, October 26, 2005

January Shivers

Despite my love for poetry, there are the only two poems I can recite from memory. One is, as previously mentioned, How Doth The Little Crocodile and the other is a poem I learned in first grade and it goes a little something like this (cue the upright bass)…

January shivers,
February shines.
March blows off the winter ice.
April makes the morning nice.
May is hopscotch lines.
June is deep blue swimming,
Picnics are July.
August is my birthday.
September whistles by.
October is for roller skates,
November is the fireplace.
December is the best because,
Of sleds and snow and Santa Claus.


Thank you! Thank you very much! Good night.

Oh, wait, I would like to mention that August is NOT my birthday, it is actually in November. And December is not the best precisely because of snow. Also, when reciting the above poem please do not whistle as you say “September whistles by”, it apparently annoys the teacher and gets you a time out or something. Not that I would know. Heh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

3td grade for me. I remembered it all except for August.