Monday, October 10, 2005

Stuff...and Junk

This weekend was nice. I did a bit of cooking, went to a party and spent Sunday on the couch. Nary a bathroom was cleaned and it was good.

I did make Golden Butter Cupcakes with Whipped Cream Cream Cheese Frosting, Deep Dish Chocolate Brownies, Non-vegan Vegan Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins and Low-Fat New England Clam Chowder(ish).

The muffin recipe was totally vegan but I wasn’t in the mood to grind flax seeds so…sorry PETA but they’ve got eggs in them. They are good though and I will try them next time as a totally vegan recipe. If it helps any they were probably free-range eggs.

The clam chowder(ish) was a bid to get rid of two cans of chopped clams that I’ve had in my cabinet for…forever. I think Steffie gave them to me before she moved out of town six months ago. The chowder(ish) wasn’t really very chowdery but it was ok. I would use fresh clams next time but that only makes sense since I did finally get rid of those chopped clams.

At the party I tried a new whisky called Cragganmore. It was pretty good. But I think I do have a new favorite whisky (click to see).“Aromas of complex ripe fruit (golden raisins, marmalade, cherries, apples), toffee, treacle, and hint of mint. Full, rich texture and body—almost chewy. Flavors of lush fruit drenched with honey and caramel.” Um…wow. How can I resist that?

And finally…stupid things I am proud of for no real reason…
I am proud that:

  • I am the kind of girl who owns a flask and drinks whisky.
  • I dictated poetry to my mother before I could write (It’s not good though, nothing to be proud of).
  • I have a fairly extensive and useless amount of knowledge about modern british televison comedy.
  • I can make bread.
  • I know how to hem my own pants (but not very well).
  • I know which fork to use.
  • I can name all of the New Kids on the Block (but only their first names).
  • I know all the words to “One Night in Bangkok.”
  • I eat raw oysters (Hey, a lot of people won’t eat them!).
  • I can make a cherry pie, Billy Boy, Billy Boy (ok, bad joke, but I can!).

Oh wait, finally, finally…I do not know nor do I understand why Jules’ computer now believes that it is 1904. She told me I should write about that. So I did.

1 comment:

Jodi said...

Wow...lots of cooking. I think I'd have to pass on some of that stuff...maybe the pumpkin things as they sound pretty good.