Tuesday, February 21, 2006

I WANNA ROCK
(But only until 9:30 because I have
to work tomorrow)

First of all, is it wrong for me to really, really want a pink cell phone? How about if it has “I Wanna Rock” by Twisted Sister as a ring tone? Because I want that.

And speaking of pink…Jodi and I were out and aboot (that’s Canadian for about) in Beverly Hills-ish this weekend and we saw a woman completely dressed in pink, pink pants, pink shoes, pink shirt, pink hat and…a pink dog. How horribly, wonderfully, wrongly awesome is that? Very.

This weekend was a long weekend, which was nice. But I didn’t really get anything done or do anything of value. I did continue my experiment in vegan baking and I made pumpkin muffins. Much to my surprise they were damn good. Just a little sweet for my tastes but I could totally give you one (I could but I won’t) and you would never know they they had no eggs or dairy. Very nice. I also made a bunch of turkey meatballs, some mushroom barley soup, barbecue sauce for the ribs that are in my slowcooker right now and…something else that I can’t remember.

I’ve not been reading nearly as much as I would like but what I have been reading (The Scar, by my beloved/hated China Mieville and The American Way of Death Revisited by Jessica Mitford) can tend towards the slightly depressing so this weekend I decided to throw another book into the mix, A Monstrous Regiment of Women, by Laurie R. King. This is an interesting series concept concerning a young woman who becomes friend and partner (and eventually wife) to Sherlock Holmes. I am actually a fan of Sherlock Holmes as written by Arthur Conan Doyle and many of the pretenders to his throne don’t hold up to scrutiny. I think that the Laurie R. King books do a decent job. And they are fun reading to boot.

Ah, and today is a special day. Today my one true love (no…not that one…not that one either… no , no , no YES!!) turns 60. And a very fine 60 it is too!

1 comment:

Jodi said...

I didn't get a long weekend...boo!...but stayed home today, not feeling well...boo! I'd love to try the pumpkin muffins sometime.

It's not wrong to want that phone with that ringtone, but it is a bit disturbing!