Friday, June 09, 2006

All Grown Up

One of the greatest explanations of adulthood was given to me in a supermarket. The guy I was shopping with stopped in the jams and jellies aisle and said “I guess you really know that you are a grown-up when you realize you can choose any kind of jelly to go on your peanut butter and jelly sandwich. I choose apple.”

I thought that was pretty deep. And kind of gross too. Ew. Who wants a peanut butter and apple jelly sandwich. Yuk.

I choose grape. Obviously we didn’t speak much after this. Really…apple jelly? That’s just wrong.

3 comments:

Chris said...

I vote for raspberry preserves on my peanut butter and "jelly" sandwiches. The all fruit or low sugar kinds, preferably.

Jodi said...

I've enjoyed a peanut butter and lettuce sandwich from time to time.

ren said...

there is something horribly wrong with both of you. raspberry? lettuce? that's just wrong!

actually, i don't care what you eat on your sandwich, as long as it is not apple jelly....or lettuce...or raspberry jam. you're all SICK!