Thursday, June 01, 2006

Why didn't you say?

I know that everyone is more cleverer than me…than 1…but why didn’t anyone tell me that whole wheat couscous, made with soymilk then tossed with a little brown sugar, cinnamon, toasted almonds and cranberries, made a really nice breakfast? Jerks. You should have told me. (It’s good cold, by the way, you don’t even need to reheat it.) And you could have then mentioned that the mixing possibilities are endless. Why, I bet you could make it with any variety of juice in place of the soymilk, throw in what ever spice you like and add some fresh fruit and it would be just as lovely. And you should have said how high in fiber and whole grains it is! And that by adding soymilk and almonds you get some protein and calcium too! And then, if you had told me that you could probably even add peanut butter while it was still warm and mix it through that would be pretty good too.

I’m just saying…you could have told me.

1 comment:

Jodi said...

Uh...well, um...yeah, you know I'm not very clever, I've never heard or would ever think of putting any type of milk into coucous. Hmmm...sounds fairly strange to me, but then you always seem to be more cleverer than me, I, whatever!