Monday, June 05, 2006

A Very Quiet Girl

I am going to write something here that may cause some controversy amongst the people that know me. Maybe not though, I find that when I make what I think is a radical statement about myself they all say “Yeah? And?” but here it is…
I don’t really like to talk all that much.
I suspect there are at least a few grade school teachers that would argue that. And if I had said that to my dad when I was 16 and had just gotten my own phone line he would have laughed himself sick. But in general, I just don’t really like to talk. I am not willing to raise my voice to be heard over some loud-mouthed idiot either. And it’s not that I think what I have to say is of less value than what anyone else might say, I just really don’t have all that much I NEED to say.

I also have a distaste for commenting on blogs. I really, really like when people comment on mine, but I am very hesitant to comment on someone else’s blog. And when I do, it’s kind of a big deal. In fact, I very often go so far as to write the comment, revise it several times and then I don’t post it. I worry that whatever I say will be taken out of context (easy to do when you can’t hear the inflections) and I would hate someone to be bothered by what I might say. So generally I just keep to myself. But I do read your blogs. All of your blogs. Every single one. Really.

2 comments:

Jodi said...

Thanks for clearing that up. I was beginning to think that you never read my blog or you just think my posts are crap (which may very well be true!)

ren said...

nope. i read it every day. and i don't think they are crap at all. i'm just not a very good commenter.