Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Still Nerdy

I got called a food nerd today. I was singing the nutritional praises of my couscous breakfast (It has soymilk! And whole wheat! And Almonds and cranberries that have special omega 3 things done to them! IT IS A NUTRITONAL POWERHOUSE!) and I got called a nerd. I am used to the nerd title but still…a food nerd.

Then I went to get some lunch and picked a salmon and avocado sushi roll because…NUTRITONAL VALUE!! And watermelon because it’s better for you than you think (LYCOPENE! VITAMIN C!).

Man, I can justify anything! Ice cream? You need the calcium, you don’t want a broken hip when you are an old lady? Chocolate? Oh yeah, that’s got all kinds of good stuff in it. Pizza? Lycopene! Calcium! Put some mushrooms on it and you are fighting cancer and getting some potassium. Fried chicken? Um…protein? And…OK, look, this only works sometimes.

I guess I am nerdy in more ways than I could ever imagine.

1 comment:

Jodi said...

If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck...