Thursday, December 01, 2005

Housekeeping with the Linkage

Oh! hey, i got my official hobo name yesterday! You may now refer to me as "li'l Max Meatboots" if you wish.

And now a few things I’ve been storing away and need to clear out…

This guy makes good art. I don’t know him but I quite like his style.

Last year, GoingJesus had a cavalcade of bad nativity scenes (I showed her the Madame Tussad’s one featuring Posh and Becks. This year it’s "Angels We Have Heard are High” and it’s really quite terrifying.

And speaking of religion… The Martin Luther . I haven’t tried it yet but I didn’t spend all that time in church school learning about the reformation to not be nailed to the door.

In science in nature news…well, butterflies now officially kick ass. Go figure.

Also, tis the season for headaches and flu, please be careful when you self-medicate . I recommend sticking with the … The Martin Luther . (Hey, this one is important, please do make with the clicking on the linkage!)

I don’t think I have ever actually read a Lovecraft story. I am interested and I have heard that the newest anthology is brilliant. I read somewhere that when you start reading it you think “Oh, jeez this is cheezy,” but by the time you get to the end you are hiding under the bed. So I am very interested but these cartoons make it even better.

Aside: One of the scariest stories I have ever read was, for reasons I can no longer remember and I sure as heck ain’t going to read it again, The Hell-bound Heart by Clive Barker. I read it one night when I was all alone in the apartment I shared with Jules. It scared the bejeezus out of me so I hid it under her bed. When she came home and found me cowering under my covers I told her about this scary story I had read and told her she should read it. She said she would and asked for the book. I told her where I had hidden it (look, I KNOW it doesn’t make sense that I hid a book under the bed!). She got it out and read it and the next night I found her shaking in the corner and the book hidden under MY bed. Tch. We are sissies.

And finally. big hugs for all of you who even bother to read this. Somehow it’s a little sad to think of the scientists who came up with this…all alone in the lab…

1 comment:

Jodi said...

Wow...lots o'links...too tired. I will return to click and actually read, I hope.