Thursday, February 16, 2006

REALLY?

Ok, the first time I heard it, I kind of laughed and thought, “Oh man, I forgot about this song.” The second time I heard it I thought “Really? You’re going to play this again? Really?” But then I started to wonder if I would really hear it again. I put on that same stupid channel just to see. In L.A. it’s called JACKfm but I hear that in Philadelphia it’s BEN and in Detroit it’s DOUG. I keep meaning to go on-line and see if there are more but I don’t really care that much. But then…last night, there it was again. I don’t remember the very first time that I heard “Unskinny Bop” but I think I was pretty content for that to be the ONLY time I ever heard that song. Now I think I have heard it at least once a week for the past three weeks. Don’t get me wrong. I love Bret Michaels, Rikki Rockett, C.C. DeVille and Bobby Dall as much as the next girl (and the really scary part is that I did NOT have to look up those names) but really, JACKfm, really? No “Every Rose Has it’s Thorn?” No “Talk Dirty to Me?” When was the last time I heard “I Want Action?” and you really decide to play “Unskinny Bop” every week? Man, I hate the radio.

We do have Indy103.1 in L.A. and that goes a long way towards helping. But still, more music, less talk, even if I do love Steve Jones and Dicky Barrett . Even if they do reward me with regular doses of the Hoodoo Gurus, they need to shut up and play the music.

1 comment:

Jodi said...

Don't get me started on the radio...grrrr! Thank the great flying spaghetti monster for Indie and NPR. Oh, and yeah, I love me some Dicky Barrett in the morning! Yesterday, Jonesy had Kiefer Sutherland on as a guest (he has an indie record label), so I was pretty happy 'bout that!