Thursday, July 13, 2006

It's getting better. How about yours?

Today was not shaping up to be a particularly happy day. I woke up from dreams of a zombie Bill Clinton attacking me at a beach house. No, seriously, zombie Bill Clinton. But in retrospect, at least I was at the beach. Then it took me 40 minutes to get from home to the 405. That’s about 6 miles. Of my 23 mile drive. It was a long drive to work this morning.

On the bright side, I did have the ingredients for my favorite breakfast on hand this morning. You probably wouldn’t like it. Chocolate soymilk, a frozen banana, two big spoonfuls of soft tofu, a few ice cubes and a handful of flax seeds. Told you that you wouldn’t like it. And even though my husband doesn’t like soy milk, tofu (unless it’s been deep fried) or flax, he wanted to know where his smoothie was. So the darkside returned just a little bit.

But then I got to work and Schwee greeted me with the information that she had brought me SOY TACOS for lunch. I love her so much right now. They were excellent tacos and soy to boot. And there also appears to be some sort of oatmeal cookie with nuts and raisins in it, which is also very nice.

And then on top of that, a book that I had been waiting for was finally delivered and it’s really, really good.

In fact, here is a stanza from Wendy Cope’s From June to December, a very entertaining poem:

I Prelude

It wouldn’t be a good idea
To let him stay.
When they knew each other better-
Not today.
But she put on her new black knickers
Anyway.
Heh. It’s funny stuff. And I like the word “knickers.” Who doesn’t?

No comments: