Friday, August 18, 2006

Because I said I would.

My internets chat thingy with my best friend:

me
my nose hurts. and my teeth a bit too.

jules
2:58
why?

me
2:58
oh. i thought i told you. i hit myself in the face with a car. you can read all about it on my blog! ha!

jules
2:58
OUCH!

me
2:59
sherri was talking to me this morning and she actually stopped and said "what's wrong with your nose?"
2:59
it has a reddish bruise on the side of it.

jules
2:59
does your face hurt?

me
2:59
it's killing us both!

jules
2:59
heh
3:03
sorry - i just had to comment to your blog - you know what it says - i couldn't help myself - i knew you would understand.

me
3:03
oh i do. i do.
3:04
it's only fair. i have no one but myself to blame.

jules
3:05
i just remember the night i was doing something in the pantry at midnight and the giant jar of peanut butter fell on the bridge of my nose and i was wearing glasses - you heard the noise, and came out of the room - you saw me sitting on the floor holding my nose and you only had one thing to ask...

me
3:06
and in turn, i will totally blog about you doing such things and our ongoing "does your face hurt?" battle because i have nothing better to do.

Yep. This has totally been going on for like, 10 or 12 years now. There is no way for either one of us to express to the other any sort of pain in the general facial area without it happening. We think it’s hilarious. Other people don’t. I think it actually started when she had her wisdom teeth out and I spent about four days waking her up from her drug induced haze and asking “Does your face hurt? BECAUSE IT’S KILLING ME! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!”

It hasn’t stopped since. You’d be amazed at the number of facial related injuries we have both sustained since then. Good times, Julesie, good times.

By the way, thank you all for understanding my clumsiness and for all your sympathy (except for you Jules). I really am just that uncoordinated. There should be a telethon or something.

And by the other way…I think I am a little bit in love with John Hodgman. And I like the song at the end of his interview here too. His face doesn’t hurt. It doesn’t hurt at all.

No comments: