Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Stuff.

The other day, as I was walking out of Trader Joe’s, a woman passed me, looked directly at me and said…”Oops.”

How am I supposed to take that?


Anyway, I haven’t a lot to say. That’s not true. I always have a lot to say. That’s not true either. I THINK I have a lot to say but I never really feel like saying it.

SO…

Let’s see…

What I’m reading: The Untouchable by John Banville. I just started and I am already fascinated. I kind of dropped The Omnivore’s Dilemma but I will go back to it shortly. I’m kind of on a fiction kick at the moment, except the Banville book is based on a real story of the Cambridge spies. So a semi-fiction kick.

What I’m watching: I am trying to clean out the dvr. I’ve been watching the Masterpiece Theatres (Carrie’s War was very good) that I recorded and I’m going to get to the Mediums next. And the Romes and the Extras…and the…

What I am listening to: Jarvis Cocker’s solo stuff. You know him, he’s the dude from Pulp. Or Harry Potter, if you prefer. Thom Yorke’s solo stuff too. Love, love, love it. And I am very excited about this whole Bryan Ferry sings Bob Dylan thing.

What I am listening to right now…right this very second: Mark Rushton Podcast #18

If you're into ambient, electronica, downtempo, idm, drifty, chill out, and post-rock kinds of music then subscribe to the MarkRushton.com podcast and you'll be listening along with thousands of others. About every month I'll release a podcast of original music, either new material or tracks from my massive archive. I also include live and improvisational recordings on occasion. Over the years I've been influenced by artists like Brian Eno, Aphex Twin, Fennesz, Harold Budd, Cabaret Voltaire, Bill Nelson, Pat Metheny, and others, although I like countless other artists from most genres of music. If you have an appreciation for anything from synth pop to experimental noise, you'll probably like what I have to offer. You can find out more about me and my music at markrushton.com

I like it.

What I am working on: arty things. I am having a devil of a time drawing a dachshund playing an accordion but mostly just because of the color of the dog. And I am working on some new cards for a little side venture. More to come on that as it progresses.

What I am cooking: nothing. Nada. Last week I had James throw some pork in the crockpot to make carnitas. They were…eh. And I’ve not felt inspired to cook since. Maybe next week. I would like to try another batch of vegan cupcakes. I have my eye on a vanilla recipe.

Finally, I have a bad habit of bookmarking things to read “when I have a minute”. This is What I have been bookmarking lately:

Visibone’s Webmasters Color Lab makes me very happy. It’s good just to see colors next to one another but it’s great to figure them out for webby stuff.

Tracy Thorn talks about her new solo album

W.H. Auden and the Cambridge Spies (I think this is what got me wanting to read the Banneville book)

The poetry of Sylvia Plath, inspired by a heartbreaking post at John Baker’s blog, which I highly recommend.

Whew. I need a drink.

Soon I will update my links and show you places I have been shopping online. Because I can. So there.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

looking forward to your link update! i hit your blog at least once a day to go exploring.

ahh, trader joe's...home of the best crispy crunchy oatmeal raisin cookies ever...

Jodi said...

One of these days I'm going to have time to click on all of the links you post. Then I'll know about cool stuff too. *sigh*

Purrrl said...

ren! thanks for the holla. i'm around, just been lurking blogs and not blogging myself, i know, it's bad. it's too easy to just sit back with my pint of ice cream and enjoy the fruits of other bloggers' labor...but i'm touched that you checked in on me. having said that, don't give up on me yet! ;) later girl.