Monday, October 23, 2006

Etsy Plug

Oooh, I got a package in the mail today! It contained my first purchase from etsy.com, a pair of fingerless gloves from TaranehsBazaar. They are very nicely made and cute to boot. Someone even told me that they were “fashionable”…go figure, I own something fashionable! Mine have blue and brown stripes and a pink peace sign. I love blue and brown together, and how in the world could a resist a pink peace sigh? Well obviously I couldn’t. My hope is that these fingerless gloves will keep my hands a little warmer this winter when it’s a balmy 70 degrees outside and a chilly 60 in my deep freeze of an office while still allowing me to type. We’ll see.

Now, truth be told, I can sort of knit and it is possible that this is something that I could make myself. But I haven’t yet and I only recently discovered that I knit backwards. Don’t ask. But TaranehsBazaar made them real nice, far better than I could, so why not go the easy way?

Etsy is a really nice idea and I have seen so many things there that I would like to buy. There is a great range of product and a great range of prices, so you may want to consider looking there when doing your holiday shopping. And when you do, maybe you should check out JustJenn’s shop too.

So that’s my plug for this week. I don’t get paid for this stuff, I do it out of LOVE!

7 comments:

Jodi said...

There you go with the holiday shopping again. I may just boycott this year!

Did you find out how to pronouce "Etsy?" I definitely can't shop there unless I know.

Anonymous said...

Have you checked out the premiere issue of Craft magazine yet? It's a new quarterly by O'Reilly Press. The price is steep ($14.95 per issue - subscription is much cheaper), but it's the sister magazine to Make (my favorite magazine). They're a big supporter of Etsy.

craftzine.com

ren said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ren said...

i always say etsy with a long e, but their official pronunciation is like jenn says, like betsy without the b.

and i bought the first issue of craft last night. it's nicely made but i don't know if i can justify the price tag when i am only interested in half the magazine. i am rather fond of ready-made mag and that's considerably cheaper. i'll be curious to see how craft does since i think a lot of crafty people tend to be thrifty as well.

Anonymous said...

Their online blog is very good. After buying an issue or two of Make, I subscribed to save about 50% or more off the price.

Jodi said...

Are you going to that big Craft magazine event this weekend? I'm not. I'm tempted to just boycott anything Felt Club-related at this point.

Brenda Griffith said...

My Mom got a subscription to Make for Dave for his birthday last month. I am really looking forward to getting one for Craft. I am a craftsperson (and crafty), and thrifty is not even in my vocabulary! I just like to work with my hands...