Wednesday, December 20, 2006

I don't want to name names here but
I'M LOOKING AT YOU WEST TEXAS!

Things I have seen on the side of the road since leaving California (that were still alive): Ostriches, cows, horses, donkeys, goats, camels and at least one little dog running alongside a dude cycling on the side of the freeway.

Things that I have seen on the side of the road since leaving California (that were less likely to be alive): Deer, opossum, and things that may have been a cat, an armadillo, a porcupine and some kind of cougar type thing.

Number of tumbling tumbleweeds that I have run down accidentally: 4.

Number of tumbling tumbleweeds that I have run down out of sheer spite: 2.

Number of rest stops I have visited across the US so far: How many you got? Because I am sure I will need to use each and every one. And hey, by the way West Texas, what the hell is up with the open-air restrooms? It’s bloody cold out there in the middle of the prairie. That was one chilly toilet!

It’s warmer in Louisiana but since I am still headed north, it is bound to get colder. Huntsville, then Norfolk then New Jersey. So far so good.

P.S. I don’t want to pick favorites here but East Texas is a little more pleasant than West Texas. And it’s warmer. AND the rest stop had HEAT LAMPS! Get your act together before I come back West Texas or we will have to have a talk!

P.P.S. I am doubting internets from here on out. If you gotta get in touch, try texting or calling.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

No Texas Prairie Chickens? Hmmm.

Anonymous said...

say, i hear that oklahoma is nice to drive through...
:-)

Anonymous said...

You came through Atlanta and didn't tell me?!? Just as well. We are all sick as dogs and would doubtless have given you some god-awful viral thing to take along to your relatives.

Anonymous said...

Please come home. Home to the internet. I miss you posting.