Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Play?

Oh dear, it’s been a bit hasn’t it? Well, I am planning on blogging again here. In fact, I was going to blog today about biscuits, but I forgot to bring my recipe with me. Oops. I really should have it memorized by now but…I don’t.

Anyway, I have another houseguest who is here until the weekend. So that’s one thing. I am busy trying to complete some artwork, which I will show you…if I ever complete it, that’s another and then there is this other blog that I am part of. That’s the third thing. So if you’ve got the notion, stop by the PaperLotus blog for your regular dose of bloggity goodness. Over there we will be posting about art, inspiration, and um…stuff…I don’t know exactly what we will be posting about but it should be interesting. And we’d love to see you there.

Now, in the meanwhile, I played along with a movie meme over at Fond of Snape (which I am, by the way, fond of Snape, that is) and I actually got a few correct. So, in the spirit of meme-ing, I am playing along. Here’s how it goes:

* Pick fifteen of your favorite movies.
* Go to IMDB and find a quote from each movie.
* Post them on your blog for everyone to guess.
* Fill in the film title once it’s guessed.

This part is for the reader:
* No Googling or using IMDB search functions.
* Leave your answer(s) in the comments.

Now, I will say that I think some of mine may be obscure to some people and others I KNOW people like SnarkyDork and Jules will catch. In several cases I left character names in because either it won’t make a difference to those who know it, or it won’t make a difference to those who don’t. Give it a try, see how you do…

  1. He's not my Dad, he's my stepdad! (Well Jodi got this one, of course, I'd be upset if she didn't! That's from Shaun of the Dead!)

  2. You were thinking that you'll never hear another piece of original music ever again. You'll never read a book that hasn't already been written or see a film that hasn't already been shot.

  3. I tried to kill myself with a Lady Bic. A pink plastic razor with daisies on it and a moisturizing strip. (Here comes Jodi again! Really, if she didn't chime in here then I'd have to find a new friend! This is from Empire Records).

  4. [Regarding men] You can't trust none of 'em no further than I can kick this lemon pie.

  5. Him: I won't allow it to be any more man's nature than women's to be inconstant or to forget those they love or have loved. I believe the reverse. I believe... Let me just observe that all histories are against you, all stories, prose, and verse. I do not think I ever opened a book in my life which did not have something to say on women's fickleness.
    Her: But they were all written by men. (Jules responds thru IM and correctly identifies this from Persuasion)

  6. Daughter-in-Law: Child?! Nick is not a child.
    Mother-in-Law: No, he's not that smart. He's only a man.

  7. His name is Blane? Oh! That's a major appliance, that's not a name! (Chris tries and fails! But Jodi saves him! Pretty in Pink!)

  8. Ehm, look. Sorry, sorry. I just, ehm, well, this is a very stupid question and... , particularly in view of our recent shopping excursion, but I just wondered, by any chance, ehm, eh, I mean obviously not because I guess I've only slept with 9 people, but-but I-I just wondered...ehh. I really feel, ehh, in short, to recap it slightly in a clearer version, eh, the words of David Cassidy in fact, eh, while he was still with the Partridge family, eh, "I think I love you," and eh, I-I just wondered by any chance you wouldn't like to... Eh... Eh... No, no, no of course not...I'm an idiot, he's not...Excellent, excellent, fantastic, eh, I was gonna say lovely to see you, sorry to disturb...Better get on… (WOOHOOO! Kari got this...even though she's never seen it and she wasn't POSITIVE, she still figured it out.)

  9. I hate Illinois Nazis. (Chris gets here first. It's The Blues Brothers, of course.)

  10. I sit in the subway sometimes, on buses, or the movies, and I look at the people next to me and I think..."What would you say if I told you I was a witch?"

  11. They don't look like Presbyterians to me. (Jodi (and my mother's) favorite movie quote is from The Muppet Movie. I dunno, I know some pretty funky lookin' Presbyterians...)

  12. Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no! (Chris gets it right. It's Animal House, if I have to say I have one favorite movie, I will say this is it.)

  13. You musn't give your heart to a wild thing. The more you do, the stronger they get, until they're strong enough to run into the woods or fly into a tree. And then to a higher tree and then to the sky.

  14. Her: In the dark I heard your voice, what did you say?
    Him: I said, "Hey, you, on the other side - let her go. Because for her I will cross over, and then you'll be sorry!"

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh shoot i can't get any of those, how sad.
well i do know that #5 is jane austen but i can't remember which one. emma?
a few others i recognize but i don't know from where so i'll stop embarrassing myself any further...

Anonymous said...

Hummm. #8 is very British sounding. And because of the the "eh's" and stumbling around in the quote I am going to say it sounds like something that would be written for Hugh Grant. But I can't recall the movie, and there is only one Hugh Grant movie I haven't seen that I can think of and that is Four Weddings and a Funeral. Which is weird because I love Andie M. So I am going to guess that movie by process of elimination and then go add it to our Netflix queue.

ren said...

well...ambitious hamster has got the right idea, but not the right movie, verrrrry close though.

and kari scores a point for the home team...or something, that is indeed from "four weddings and a..." a favorite movie of mine, although my favorite quote from it would actually be, "BUGGER!"

Chris said...

#7 is from, I think, The Sure Thing

#9 is the Blues Brothers

#12 is Animal House

Several others are awfully familiar, but I'm drawing a blank.

Jodi said...

Thanks for the props, but I'm terrible at these. I saw it on someone else's blog and couldn't get one answer. And yeah, you are one obscure watcher.

#1-I just came back to this one. I would have kicked myself...Shaun of the Dead!!!

#3-Duh. Empire Records

#7-Sorry Chris--you are wrong. That's from Pretty In Pink

You know I knew #8, but someone else told the answer.

#11--best.quote.ever! The Muppet Movie!

I give up on the others. I may just do this! Fun!

Jodi said...

Just leaving another comment so I can check "email follow up comments to me."

Janet said...

#4...Cold Mountain?